Thursday, August 21, 2008

Insider Information

Just a quick post, I really appreciate you guys commenting on my posts, it makes me feel better about myself. I don't know why, but I've always pictured bloggers as lonely writers who sit at home typing about their cats and what hair color they think they should have. Regardless of that, I thank all of you who are reading these because you make me feel significant, and a little less "nerdy."

Anyway, I know some of you might want to know if I know anything about guest speakers or stuff like that, but I want to clarify that yes, there are some things I can't tell you, but there are some cool things you might like to know if you're into politics. Here are some fun facts about the convention that might be interesting....

-Michelle Obama is the headliner for Monday
-Her brother is also speaking Monday
-The Democrats had to raise over $40 million just to put on the convention
-Both Hillary and Bill Clinton are speaking, but on different days
-Hillary's speech will be on the anniversary of women receiving their right to vote
-Obama's speech is the 40th anniversary to the day of when MLK gave his "I have a dream" speech
-CNN has the largest platform on the floor
-I knew about the anthrax threat in McCain's office before it was aired on CNN
-Al Gore is kicking off things Thursday the 28th
-Howard Dean is kicking things off Monday the 25th

And this is nothing official, but I do think that there is a strong possibility that Barack will choose Virginia Governor Tim Kaine as his VP. I only say this because on the convention floor, Illinois is dead center in front of the podium, and who is directly behind them? Virginia! There has been a lot of talk lately about Kaine, and I think he's my pick for Obama's pick.

But shhhh, I dunno if that's supposed to be shared or not.

5 comments:

Brian Lomax said...

Mark Warner is the keynote Speaker of the Convention. That could be why VA is right behind Illinois. I hope its not Kaine to be honest. Good blogging though.

Love or Nothing said...

jonTHAN, i'm so proud of you. this is awesome. :)

Unknown said...

Agreed with this Brian fellow. They have been hyping Warner's keynote speech, so thats probably why VA is right there... But who knows!

Personally, I think he might pick you J-Mo!

Brian Lomax said...

If J-Mo's the pick, we're doomed ;)

Family said...

hahahahah who knows what the world would be like if Jonathan was VP.....
:)

Cait