Thursday, August 28, 2008

Day 9: Surprise Surprise

Hey everyone, I'm going to be late for work, so I can't really write too much right now. The best part of the day yesterday was perhaps getting to sit in one spot during the majority of the keynote speakers. I didn't have to punch old women or straddle prosthetic limbs, I got to just hang out at our platform with my cameraman and shoot everything from there. It was quite nice.

Obama surprising everyone with his presence was also quite cool. I think there's something to be said about the entrancing aura that surrounds an individual running for president, regardless of if you're a huge fan or not. It was insane. I can only compare it to an NFL game, cuz that's exactly what it's like. People shouting for Team Obama during the playoffs for President after winning the Democratic Divisional Championship. Look for more later tonight.

2 comments:

JudiU said...

Jonathan-
I have really been impressed with you blog so far. You really gave an engaging writing style. I am sure you will go far in journalism. Keep up the good work!
Aunt Judi

Grandma O'D said...

Jonathan! I don't know whether my first comment got to you. (I must ask Tim how to send it.)
It is such a shame that you cannot be at the Republican convention! Your reports from the Democratic Convention made me feel as though I was on the floor with you. You are a remarkable reporter. I am very proud of you!!!

Your excited G'ma